Turning off preview with Windows + number shortcut

jmt356
SilverLounger

Turning off preview with Windows + number shortcut

Post by jmt356 »

When I press Windows logo + 4, Windows displays thumbnails of each of the File Explorer folders I have open. Each time I press the number four while I have the windows logo press down, windows switches between each of my open File Explorer windows. On one computer, only the thumbnail on the bottom of the screen displays. However on another computer, both a thumbnail displays and the actual window shows as a peek preview on the main portion of the screen. How do I turn off that peek preview function?
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Re: Turning off preview with Windows + number shortcut

Post by HansV »

You also asked this a year ago in Set up Windows key + number shortcuts to not show a preview without a clear resolution, so I guess we still don't know.
Best wishes,
Hans

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

I found the solution:
- In Windows 10, right-click the Start button.
- Select System.
- On the right, select Advanced system settings.
- Under the Performance section of the Advanced tab of the System Properties dialogue that pops up, select Settings…
- Under the Visual Effects tab, make sure that Enable Peek is unchecked. You may need to select Custom: before.
- Select OK or Apply to confirm your settings.
Regards,

JMT

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

I am now on a computer where the solution that I reported in March of last year does not work. When when Enable Peek is unticked, I still get a preview to show up whenever I select Windows + a number shortcut.

The computer is running Windows 10 Pro.
Regards,

JMT