Windows 10 Pro bootable media

jmt356
SilverLounger

Windows 10 Pro bootable media

Post by jmt356 »

What is the website to download Windows 10 Pro bootable media? All I have been able to find is the link to download Windows 10 bootable medium: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softwar ... /windows10.

What about Pro?
Regards,

JMT

Rebel
4StarLounger
Location: Recently moved to Bracebridge - in the heart of Muskoka.

Re: Windows 10 Pro bootable media

Post by Rebel »

All Windows 10 versions (except for Enterprise Edition) are available when you create the installation media.
John :canada:
A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

You means Windows 10 Pro is available when I create the Windows 10 installation media?
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

How do you want to use the media tool? To reinstall Windows on a machine that already has it? Or to install it on a new machine?
Best wishes,
Hans

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

I'd like it for both purposes, but initially I want to use it to install Windows 10 Pro on a laptop's C: drive that initially had Windows 10 Pro installed but that is now not bootable.
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I don't know what exactly would happen in that case - if Microsoft's servers recognize the machine they would automatically reinstall the same version as before.
Otherwise, it probably depends on the license key that you enter.
Best wishes,
Hans

DocAElstein
4StarLounger

Post by DocAElstein »

Hi
Just a quick note about the official Windows 10 Operating System ISO file…
I think about 6 months ago Microsoft changed their windows 10 download site stuff a bit so that you could no longer easily get the ISO directly. I think they wanted to encourage you to download their media installation creation tool thing, which previously may have been just optional.
There is a trick shown here that about 5 months ago showed a way to bypass that and still get directly the ISO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLCWtC6UYrM&t=150s
But I don’t know if it still works. It did for me back then and I got an official ISO from Microsoft that way.

Alan
I seriously don’t ever try to annoy. Maybe I am just the kid that missed being told about the King’s new magic suit, :(

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

I believe the Windows bootable media contains the ISO, which it writes to the destination disk.
Regards,

JMT

DocAElstein
4StarLounger

Post by DocAElstein »

Yes, I was expecting that might be the case. I think the bootable media thing is sort of alternative way, to the more traditional way of making your own bootable USB stick or making you own Operating System installation DVD disc, and installing from that, which I expect is going out of fashion.
(Possibly some of these more recent dodgy cheap licence sites for things like Office application do some variation of something like the bootable media Operating System thing. - If you buy one of their cheap keys they give you some .exe download that some how takes the licence and then installs stuff, bypassing having an Office Installation DVD Disc. Previously they gave you a key, the ISO file, ( or told you where to get it from if directly available from Microsoft), and some instructions on how to make your own Operating System DVD disc, from the ISO.)
Using the the bootable media Operating System thing, Microsoft have a better control of the ISO used. - Some people prefer to get the bare ISO, then tweak it a bit before making their own Installation thing from it, which was the idea I think in the Tutorial I referenced. That is legal provided you don't redistribute the thing you make** to others, but Microsoft are less keen on it. They prefer to control you and your computer

(** redistribute it and you go to Jail for a long time. That is one reason why I think some of these more recent cheap licence sites are dodgy, since you don't know exactly what they are installing.)
I seriously don’t ever try to annoy. Maybe I am just the kid that missed being told about the King’s new magic suit, :(