Vestige on Screen

BobH
UraniumLounger

Vestige on Screen

Post by BobH »

In the ss below you can see what is an opaque area in the lower right side of my screen. I'm uncertain of its origin but think it might have originated from the application SketchUp 2017. After closing all applications, it remains onscreen. I cannot select it; I cannot move it.

Can anyone give me hints for isolating the cause in order to fix it?
vestige.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: Vestige on Screen

Post by HansV »

Does it remain if you restart Windows?
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

No. But a restart every time it appears is very annoying.

I've looked at all the detail that Task Manager shows looking for a hint as to the source but didn't see anything that I could identify as being a likely cause.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

In Microsoft's/Sysinternals' Process Explorer there is a tool to find a window's corresponding process; a crosshair, sort of, that you can drag and drop on top of any window and Process Explorer will highlight the process.

I think most have encountered some kind of artefacts when using Windows, perhaps after minimising a window or closing a program; notification balloons etc. still being there. Often solved by returning to the window that created them, or by refreshing the Desktop (or if that doesn't help restarting explorer). Then of course there are other, more stubborn.
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thank you, Argus!!

I had a hunch that there must be some way to tell what process and what app caused any screen effect. I now have the sysinternals process explorer pinned to my taskbar
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)