Microsoft account problem pop-up messages

jmt356
SilverLounger

Microsoft account problem pop-up messages

Post by jmt356 »

I have been getting this pop-up on my computer about once a day:
“Microsoft account problem – We need to fix your Microsoft account (most likely your password changed). Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings.”

It appears the issue is with a MS Teams account that has been decommissioned. I believe the way to solve this would be to remove the account from the list of Microsoft accounts under Settings | Email & accounts. However, when I select the account in Email & accounts, there is no option to remove it.
Regards,

JMT

Leif
Administrator

Re: Microsoft account problem pop-up messages

Post by Leif »

jmt356 wrote:
29 Jun 2021, 08:44
... However, when I select the account in Email & accounts, there is no option to remove it.
Is there an option to 'Manage' the account?

Otherwise, try this search
Leif

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

There is an option to Manage account. When I click on Manage account, I come to a webpage asking me to sign in to the account. However, I cannot sign in because the account has been discontinued and decommissioned.
Regards,

JMT

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I've been in that or a very similar situation. My MS account was related to an email address that became invalid when I changed ISP. I had deleted the pw from my pw wallet. I couldn't sign in with the old email address because I didn't have the pw and I couldn't change the pw because the email addy required to do so was no longer active and valid. MS makes no provision for changing your email address, apparently.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

jmt356 wrote:
29 Jun 2021, 08:44
I have been getting this pop-up on my computer about once a day...
Are you sure you have searched thoroughly for a solution this problem because the first search I tried, using:
    remove email and accounts
turns up a promising looking thread over on answers.microsoft.com

Ken

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

The threads I found through Google state to click the "Remove" button, which does not exist for me.
Regards,

JMT

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

The thread I found covered that situation. It talked about needing to disconnect before you can remove.

Ken