local network credential

bureau.jacques
Lounger

local network credential

Post by bureau.jacques »

Hello,
I have a local network which includes a PC under Windows 10,a Macbook under Catalina 10.15.6
and a NAS (Synology DS218J) . From the MacBook, I can connect to the NAS without any problem, on the other hand since about two months when I request the connection from Windows 10, I received request for credential... (see the capture of 'screen). After filling in the login and password I always receive an error message. I then go into Windows credentials I change the username and password to be sure I don't make any mistake (see screenshot number 2). When I try to log in I get the error message again !
Is there a way that Windows does not ask me for identification when I connect to devices on my local network? The network is at home where I live alone, and nobody can tamper my network ..
Many thanks for the help!
NB: My mother tongue is french and my Windows version is in french...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jolas
3StarLounger

Re: local network credential

Post by jolas »

If you have a synology user account with read-write credentials to NAS and preferably the same as your Windows local account. Then connecting to a share or shares directory will be automatic.

If you have a different synology user account then ticking the box on your screenshot above assuming the correct synology user account password combination was entered will allow you access to synology NAS shares. Accessing the shares on another occasion will become automatic.

bureau.jacques
Lounger

Re: local network credential

Post by bureau.jacques »

Thank you for your reply ! In fact I solved my problem much easier. In the User Account window (see screenshot) there is a checkbox "Users must enter a username and password ..."( en français : les utilisateurs doivent entrer un nom d'utilisateur...). (To access this window you must run the NETPLWIZ program)
For mysterious reasons this checkbox was ticked.
I unticked it and now I'm not bothered with this user / password story anymore.
The odd question is why this checkbox was ticked on its own?
I have the impression, without proof, that the problem arose simultaneously with the account merge operation which was started by Microsoft about two months ago. It turns out that I had two different accounts at Microsoft, one on my Google email address: b*****.******s@gmail.com and another created at Microsoft: p***b*****@hotmail.com ... and it disturbed them. I also regularly receive a message that there is a password problem on my Microsoft account?
In conclusion I find it very unpleasant that during an operation or another Microsoft allows itself to tamper with the settings of my computer ... :grin: :scratch:

User credentials.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by HansV on 26 Sep 2020, 21:34, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edited by StuartR to obscure email addresses and by HansV to do the same in the screenshot