Lock Screen Slide Show

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Lock Screen Slide Show

Post by Roderunner »

Hi Folks, I have been searching for a solution for a few days on getting the slideshow setting to work on my Win10 pc without success, can anyone here help.????
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Lock Screen Slide Show

Post by HansV »

Have you tried the steps in Change Lock Screen Slideshow Duration in Windows 10? I tried it just now and it worked.
Best wishes,
Hans

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Hi Hans, I had found more detailed info that still failed. In your link it gave details on how to disable the lock screen by going to:- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization but that was not on my system's reg editor.
-
Heres what I found.
1. Open Settings app from Start Menu or press WIN+I keys together to directly launch Settings app.

2. Now go to "Personalization -> Lock Screen" section.

PS: Alternatively, You can directly launch this page using "ms-settings:lockscreen" command in RUN dialog box as mentioned here.

3. Now set "Background" to "Picture", click on Browse button and choose any image from the wallpaper folder which contains all the wallpapers you want to use as slideshow.

4. Now close Settings app and press WIN+L keys together to lock computer.

5. After unlocking, again to "Personalization -> Lock Screen" section in Settings app and change "Background" type to "Slideshow" and select the folder.

That's it. It'll work now.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Whatever works...
Best wishes,
Hans