Backward Progress - Mouse only, please!

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Backward Progress - Mouse only, please!

Post by ChrisGreaves »

I deplore the increasing trend away from the keyboard.
Backward001.png
I cannot navigate to the "more details" control with the keyboard, but instead must move my hand to the track pad and manoeuvre the pointer to the control, and then click.
The <Tab> key will not serve me here. Yes, I may well have failed to understand how to navigate with the keyboard; it would not be the first time.

But I remember teaching Windows (3.1) back in the early 90s and telling students "Anything you can do with the mouse you can do with the keyboard; and anything you can do with the keyboard you can do with the mouse", which was a liberating design aspect of Windows.

Veering away from mouse/keyboard flexibility did not begin with Win10, but seems to be an irrevocable drift, especially on web sites.

Cheers
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

HansV
Administrator

Re: Backward Progress - Mouse only, please!

Post by HansV »

You can activate 'Compare info for both files' by pressing down-arrow twice then Enter.
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Backward Progress - Mouse only, please!

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 08:06
You can activate 'Compare info for both files' by pressing down-arrow twice then Enter.
Thanks Hans!
It is, I suppose, symptomatic of my intuitive focus, that my first thought was "I want more details", and it is the "more details" that attracted my attention.
That control is, of course, disabled, so no amount of keyboard or mouse activity is going to get me there!
Cheers
Chris
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle