win10 desktop wallpapers - slideshow? Fixed!

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

win10 desktop wallpapers - slideshow? Fixed!

Post by ChrisGreaves »

I was/am going crazy. The option is now revealed from a drop-down box ("Background") instead of a label right on the screen!
Thanks anyway.
Chris
Untitled.jpg
In Win7 I could relieve boredom by selecting a folder with a half-dozen images and have them change every, say, ten minutes.
I can't find that option in Win10, either by use of the search box ("slide") or anywhere on the Personalization screen in Settings.
Is this another feature that MS has dropped, or am I going crazy. Again?
Thanks
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

DaveA
GoldLounger

Re: win10 desktop wallpapers - slideshow? Fixed!

Post by DaveA »

Well, Right click desktop, select Personize and it should be on the opening screen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

If you want some truly beautiful pictures as your background try the Bing Wallpaper app in the Microsoft Store. New pictures come daily. If you want to go to a previous pic your can.
Joe

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

DaveA wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 15:15
Well, Right click desktop, select Personalize and it should be on the opening screen.
I see!
Thanks Dave.
But I will swear that that option wasn't displayed when i first went in there, because for 10+ years I have been using a slideshow of my own images; indeed, setting this up is one of my "steps to install windows" document.
Untitled.png
I like to think that I would have seen "slideshow" had it been presented; but I have been wrong, on occasion, in the past!
Cheers
Chris

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

JoeP wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 01:52
If you want some truly beautiful pictures as your background try the Bing Wallpaper app in the Microsoft Store. New pictures come daily. If you want to go to a previous pic your can.
Hi Joe, and thanks.
I do indeed want truly beautiful pictures, but Bing et al. will supply me only with images that other people may think beautiful, and their views most likely will not coincide with mine.
I have amassed some 3,700+ images to date, including photos I have taken on my travels, people I have met and love; and even a couple of landscapes I have stolen from Ken's postings! That is, on my personal computer I like to see personal images.
It will not have escaped your notice that 3,700 is close to the number of seconds in an hour, and each time I reboot - a time randomized to the second - an image is chosen randomly according to the boot time. That image is rotated into the slide show and the stalest image is removed.
Cheers
Chris