Installing Newly Download Device Driver

BobH
UraniumLounger

Installing Newly Download Device Driver

Post by BobH »

The Brother HL2270DW laser printer that we have is throwing errors indicating either a paper jam or an open cover. It is also telling the PC that it is out of paper. None of those conditions exist: it has paper, there is no jam, and all covers are closed. All the LEDs light up appropriately when the device is powered on. A factory reset nor any other attempt I've made has solved the problem.

I finally found a suggestion to reinstall the driver. I found and downloaded a complete bundle containing the driver and software. Should I try to delete any existing driver(s) and software for this printer before installing the newly downloaded set?

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

jolas
3StarLounger

Re: Installing Newly Download Device Driver

Post by jolas »

Try Unchecking if the SNMP Status Enabled
SNMP disabled.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jolas
3StarLounger

Re: Installing Newly Download Device Driver

Post by jolas »

This may also be a sensor hardware problem.

This one may help without getting inside the printer. This applies to other brother models as well.

Here is a video that you may want to look at that details the solution at around 3 minutes into the video the above solution was mentioned. Although the Brother model is different the principle is similar.