Annoying Agenda

Cah
3StarLounger

Annoying Agenda

Post by Cah »

On one machine if I bring up the calendar that's all I get - the time, the calendar and a link at the bottom to date and time settings. On my other machine using the same build (1903)I see: "set up agenda". Does anyone know how to get rid of the agenda? Note, on both machines app access to the calendar is switched off in the privacy settings.

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Annoying Agenda

Post by Rudi »

I came across this 4 year old article that showed how to disable it, but in testing, on Windows 10 ver. 1909 it does not remove the agenda link. Maybe you can try it on your current version and see if it makes a difference?
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Cah
3StarLounger

Post by Cah »

Thanks Rudi, I saw that before I posted. It talks about changing the privacy settings which I've already done. One difference in the machines is that the one without the agenda has the Group Policy editor and the other doesn't. Perhaps it is impossible without that.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

I was experimenting with this setting yesterday in the event to post some helpful info. I could not get the agenda to disappear even after switching off all settings described above. My PC is also under policy control as it is a work PC, but another thing that might cause the agenda to stay active is my Microsoft 365 account. I have not been successful is removing it and don't have much more insights from my end.
Regards,
Rudi

Cah
3StarLounger

Post by Cah »

I suppose that is possible but I don't have any Microsoft accounts at all. I always set up my machines with local accounts. No office, no onedrive, and I use O&O appbuster to remove nearly every app. IS the machine that has it using W10 home? Perhaps it can only be removed on pro machines.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

I'm using Win 10 (ver. 1909) Enterprise.
Regards,
Rudi

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Isn't the "Hide Agenda" link available?
Joe

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

I think Cah is wanting the "Show Agenda" link removed. In other words, even when it is collapsed the "Show Agenda" link must not be there.
Regards,
Rudi

Cah
3StarLounger

Post by Cah »

Rudi wrote:
09 May 2020, 16:28
I think Cah is wanting the "Show Agenda" link removed. In other words, even when it is collapsed the "Show Agenda" link must not be there.
Yes, I want both my machines to display the same way - no mention of agenda and with a link to Date and Time Settings. Both machines are using the same privacy settings and are the same build of W10 so they should be identical in this regard.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

I hope someone will provide a solution. I haven't come up with anything else that's helpful.
Regards,
Rudi

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

I assume that this Calendar is the one built into Windows 10, if NOT then let us know.
I do not use this calendar, but as a wild guess, do you have a NEW meeting open on the one the machine that has NOT been finished?
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

Cah
3StarLounger

Post by Cah »

DaveA wrote:
10 May 2020, 16:03
I assume that this Calendar is the one built into Windows 10, if NOT then let us know.
I do not use this calendar, but as a wild guess, do you have a NEW meeting open on the one the machine that has NOT been finished?
Thanks for the reply - it is and I don't. I have never used any software calendar appointment system and never will.