Update Size

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Update Size

Post by JoeP »

Do you use a wired or wireless connection?

BTW, be very careful about what you let Ccleaner do. I only run that as a last resort on a system that has severe problems.
Joe

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

JoeP wrote:BTW, be very careful about what you let Ccleaner do. I only run that as a last resort on a system that has severe problems.
I run ccleaner routinely, about once a week. It doesn't seem to do any harm.
StuartR

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Post by Ted Myers »

JoeP wrote:Do you use a wired or wireless connection?
My pc is a laptop (wireless)
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have NO luck at all.
Windows 11 Home 23H2 Laptop

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

StuartR wrote:I run ccleaner routinely, about once a week. It doesn't seem to do any harm.
Me too and it's never caused me a problem either. However, I ONLY use the file scan option, I do NOT use the reg. cleaner feature.

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The registry cleaner part of CCleaner doesn't do any harm either - I have never seen it offering to delete an important registry entry. But it is fairly useless. Unused registry entries don't do anything, and they take up very little space, so there is no real need to remove them.
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The file cleaner part of CCleaner can have undesired results if you tick all the check boxes. To be fair, it will display a warning when you tick a 'dangerous' one.
Best wishes,
Hans

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

I'm glad that you all have good results with it. Too often, I've seen people not pay attention to messages, mis-read a message, or blindly have Ccleaner (and the like) remove "stuff" without knowing the potential consequences. I've gotten to the point where I try to use OS tools for almost everything and third party tools for exceptional circumstances only. There are a myriad of things Windows will do for routine maintenance that it did not do in the past. Yes, it takes a little setup but I don't need yet another program installed.
Joe