Windows 10 Java Critical Update

aekyall
4StarLounger

Re: Windows 10 Java Critical Update

Post by aekyall »

Thanks for the pointer Hans. I think, on balance, I'll stick with Libre Office and, by default at the moment, JRE! As you say, it would seem that JRE security issues relate to browser plugins. :thankyou: Reading the article, it would seem that Open Office has ended up with the short end of the development stick!!!

Edited for clarity: Please disregard this post and refer to the one following!! - Didn't think it had made it's way to the forum (it wasn't there a few mins ago - honest!!). :innocent:
Last edited by aekyall on 31 Oct 2018, 15:38, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Keith

aekyall
4StarLounger

Re: Windows 10 Java Critical Update

Post by aekyall »

HansV wrote:An article about OpenOffice vs LibreOffice: OpenOffice vs. LibreOffice: What’s the Difference and Which Should You Use?.

The security problems occurred with the browser plugin. I don't think a desktop application using Java is affected.
Thanks for pointer Hans. Think on balance I'll stick with LO (and, by default, JRE) - As you indicate, it would seem the JRE security issue(s) are related to browser plug-ins rather than desktop applications! Reading the article, it's apparent that OO ended up with the short end of the development stick and is always going to be one step behind!

John: Thanks for additional info re LO
Regards,
Keith