Storage spaces problem

colmac
StarLounger

Storage spaces problem

Post by colmac »

I've got a problem with storage space getting corrupted. I get a message saying "Check storage spaces for issues", and the drive is not visible in File Explorer.

Running Powershell, I get the following results, but I don't know enough to do anything with this info. The two WD disks are the ones that were used in my Storage space.

Can anyone point me to a solution.

Thanks

Colin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jay Freedman
Microsoft MVP

Re: Storage spaces problem

Post by Jay Freedman »

The problem appears to be in the physical disk "WD 10EAVS External USB Device", which says "Lost Communication". Is that drive properly plugged in, powered up, and visible in File Explorer? If it appears OK that way, does Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) show any icons with yellow question marks indicating a problem, either in the Disk Drives section or in the Universal Serial Bus Controillers section? Maybe just unplugging and reinserting the USB cable will help, or plugging it into a different port.

colmac
StarLounger

Re: Storage spaces problem

Post by colmac »

Jay

Thanks very much for that suggestion. This was my second day using Storage spaces, and I was nervous about trying anything without checking. They appeared to be plugged in correctly, but I tried unplugging and re-starting, and the problem was solved.

Many many thanks for your help. It really is appreciated.

Colin