Removed/deprecated features in Fall Creators Update

JoeP
SilverLounger

Removed/deprecated features in Fall Creators Update

Post by JoeP »

A recently published article showing features which are going to be removed or deprecated in the next major Windows 10 update - Features that are removed or deprecated in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.

NOTE: in this context deprecated means that current plans are to replace the functionality with something new.
Joe

HansV
Administrator

Re: Removed/deprecated features in Fall Creators Update

Post by HansV »

Thanks, Joe. Hmmm, Paint and screensavers to be deprecated...
Best wishes,
Hans

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

I think that Microsoft expect Paint 3D to replace Paint. The comment is that they expect the lockscreen settings and policies to replace screensavers.
Joe

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Paint 3D is a nice replacement for Paint, but many users will have to get used to it.

At home, I use the Blank screensaver to blank the screen after 5 minutes of inactivity. Much less drastic than having the monitor power off or activating the lockscreen after such a short period of time. Move the mouse and you're back in business again. So I don't like the disappearance of screensavers.

At work, I use the lockscreen of course.
Best wishes,
Hans

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

The article does say that screensaver functionality is still functional in the Control Panel. Don't know how long that will last. I'd recommend people use the Feedback Hub to express their opinion. Similar postings and/or upvotes will certainly bring it to Microsoft's attention.
Joe

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Post by Peter Kinross »

You can always use gPhotoShow. Best darn screen saver I've found. Plays videos as well - nice to intersperse pics with short videos in ones screen saver.
I use it to make a 24" TV work as a digital photo screen, plays non-stop 24/7. Automatically loops as well. You can order your pics as you like. It is the ONLY screen saver I have found (after endless searching) that does all that.
But of course if MS remove screen saver functionality, it might not work as a screen saver, but will still work as a digital pic frame.
Avagr8day, regards, Peter