Windows Explorer Not Listing Newtork Computers

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Windows Explorer Not Listing Newtork Computers

Post by StuartR »

I do think your support guy should have pressed you harder about passwords. It really isn't appropriate to run computers with no passwords any more. It is a relic of a bygone age when personal computing was a harmless, and safe, activity.
StuartR

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

StuartR wrote:I do think your support guy should have pressed you harder about passwords. It really isn't appropriate to run computers with no passwords any more. It is a relic of a bygone age when personal computing was a harmless, and safe, activity.
Thank you. I will be talking to him again soon and will bring that up. However, not being used to them or how to use passwords for user accounts and since I only have 1 user account on each machine should I be thinking of having the same password on every computer?
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You should certainly use the same password - otherwise the computers might have problems seeing each other.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:You should certainly use the same password - otherwise the computers might have problems seeing each other.
Thank you. I thought by not having any it would be sort of like that. I just do not know enough about it to know how to set any of that up. So I will bring it up to my network guy when I talk to him.
Regards,
hlewton