Windows 10 and Firefox

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Windows 10 and Firefox

Post by viking33 »

I wandered over to the Win 10 partition and tried to DL the latest version (49) of Firefox. That was when I noticed that the Dl was taking a LONG time and checked the progress bar which was running agonizingly SLOW! Cancelled that and tried to access a few other sites and they were also terribly slow to connect, if at all.
So I ran the usual apps, CCleaner, malwarebytes, checked the add ons, deleted cache files, reinstalled my copy of Firefox...all of them were clean and no problems found.
Googled Firefox with Win 10 and there were lots of people apparently having the same symptoms. Tried a few of the top suggestions but had no luck at all.
Has anyone here had similar problems with Win 10 and Fx?
Any good insights as to what's happening?

BTW, I went back into Win 7 and all worked fine. Installed ver, 49 of Fx in a few minutes and OK.
Surfed around fine without any apparent sluggishness loading the sites.
:groan: :sad:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Windows 10 and Firefox

Post by HansV »

I updated Firefox from version 48.0.2 to version 49.0 without problems; the twenty-something MB download took only a few seconds...
I'm on Windows 10 version 1607.
Best wishes,
Hans

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

"Me too"!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

Another "me too" here with regards to seconds to download and install. I am also on Win10 / 1607.
Regards,
Bob

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

BobArch2 wrote:Another "me too" here with regards to seconds to download and install. I am also on Win10 / 1607.
I'm back here in Win 7 now but last night I upgraded to Win 10 Build 1607 which literally took HOURS to DL and install! I just left it running when I went to bed and sometime during the night it finished up? I haven't really done any comparison yet, since I was about ready to hit the format key and be done with it.
I'll get over there at a later time and see what has transpired in the Win 10 partition.
Stay tuned for breaking news! :evilgrin:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.