Language Settings

RonH
SilverLounger

Language Settings

Post by RonH »

My pc has a Norwegian keyboard layout (needed for the extra letters) and English language display.

Unfortunately, because of my location IP, on occasion software programmes are 'force downloaded' in the local language rather than in English. For example, if I download HP Printer software it downloads in Norwegian. Some programmes do not have language choices.

I 'think' I am correct in saying that if you choose a different Country or Region in Settings/Region or Language then the keyboard layout is also changed? Is there a simple way of 'fooling' the IP connect country so that downloaded programmes are in English?
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Language Settings

Post by HansV »

If you change your region in Control Panel, you can still select the keyboard layout that you want.
You could use a proxy server to fool websites. There are both free and paid proxy services.
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

RonH wrote:...Is there a simple way of 'fooling' the IP connect country so that downloaded programmes are in English?
You can use a VPN service. This will let you appear to be in any country you want. I use a paid service (http://www.nordVPN.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), but there are some (slow but) free VPN servers around.
StuartR

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks for your inputs.
One quick question ... if I change the Country or Region in Settings/Region or Language, does this make my pc appear to be connected in another country for a programme download?
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

In my experience, some sites look at your regional settings, others at your IP address...
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks Hans ... I will call the local HP office and ask about my specific issue.
Cheers Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.