Windows 10 Password

RonH
SilverLounger

Windows 10 Password

Post by RonH »

Now being installed on my W7. However, I have read that sometimes existing passwords are not being recognised so prior to hitting the install button, I set up W7 without a password. I assume W 10 will therefore open when install complete?
Can I use it without password access ... seems you may need the Microsoft password; is this the Outlook.Com password?

Cheers Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Windows 10 Password

Post by HansV »

If you use a local account, the username and password are what you specify for this account.
If you use a Microsoft account, your username and password will be your Outlook.com/Hotmail username and password.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Gosh, that was a fast reply. Thanks Hans.

I am guessing that since I deleted my W7 password, when W 10 finishes install I can access without password and then set one up. Correct?
Cheers Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

That seems likely.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Have faith Ron, all will be revealed in maybe an hour!
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Hey ... so far a very painless (but lengthy) install of Version 1511, retaining the same desktop I used with W7 with most shortcuts but minus a few programmes eg Speccy, my two screen clocks and the app that I used to love that was like two dials showing the processor and memory usage. I guess that there are others that I can find in time :clapping:

Initial impression is favourable, my important video/picture editing programmes seem to be recognised and function and of course Office and email.
Cheers Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Microsoft decided a while ago that 'gadgets' pose a security risk, so they aren't supported any more.
On the other hand, you can have 'live' tiles on the Start menu, such as the Weather tile.
Best wishes,
Hans