anyone have problems with touch screen after last update?

garbsmj
4StarLounger

anyone have problems with touch screen after last update?

Post by garbsmj »

I rely on touch screen for the laptop I installed Win10 on. Sure I looked it up and found the answer but why would this happen? Some kind of mouse conspiracy? Anyone else have this happen?
When one cat leaves, another mysteriously shows up.

HansV
Administrator

Re: anyone have problems with touch screen after last update

Post by HansV »

Why? Perhaps insufficient testing...

One of the problems with Windows is that it has to run on an enormous variety of computers: many brands, each with many models, many types of motherboard, many types of graphics card, etc. etc. It's virtually impossible for Microsoft to test each update on all possible configurations.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

My HP Stream 7 tablet has only a touch screen capability. Updated to Build 10586.14 this morning and not having any issues. As Hans said, so many different type of devices and glad mine is working OK.

On the other hand, when one is 6' 4" with very large hands, the 7" touch screen can be very challenging!
Regards,
Bob

garbsmj
4StarLounger

Post by garbsmj »

Thanks guys - when I opened my laptop this afternoon the touch screen magically came back but lost the IE icon so had to spend 10 minutes trying to find it. Then I moved it down to the task bar. And I can now access my exercise programs so no excuses! Got to work off that :chocciebar:
When one cat leaves, another mysteriously shows up.