Windows 10 impending roll out

aekyall
4StarLounger

Windows 10 impending roll out

Post by aekyall »

Received this, this morning - Someone's getting organised! A little white Windows icon was present on my task bar when I booted up; when clicked this popped up -
Capture.GIF
As I've 'reserved' my copy, the 'reserve now' button is no longer visible - it was in the bottom left hand corner
Regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Keith

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Windows 10 impending roll out

Post by Rudi »

Just to inquire....Is this on a tablet or a laptop/desktop PC?
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

I suspect I won't get this message as I've tried to avoid installing the relevant Win 7 updates that enable this nag feature but it's nice to know they are getting ready for the big launch.

I intend to take the (overly) cautious line and apply for the free offer as late as possible, so that by the time I get round to it the bugs in the upgrade process have been ironed out :evilgrin:

Ken

aekyall
4StarLounger

Post by aekyall »

Hi Rudi - On my Desktop PC. Note the download is 3GB; how does that compare with Windows 7.

Ken: don't wait too long1 Isn't there a time limit on the offer (for the 'free' download)? However, I am going to be somewhat cautious and just download it and wait a while before attempting to install :smile:
Regards,
Keith

aekyall
4StarLounger

Post by aekyall »

Just for completeness I attach a gif of my task bar, containing the little white Windows logo - which I've never seen before, certainly not on my task bar anyway. It would seem that unless I choose to delete it, it will just hang around!
Capture.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Keith

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

aekyall wrote:Ken: don't wait too long1 Isn't there a time limit on the offer (for the 'free' download)?
You have a year to download it!
John Gray

Venison is quiet deer, and quite dear.

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

That icon showed up in my notification area late this morning. If the rumors are to be believed, the download will not happen before late July at the earliest.

Edit: Official release date for Win 10 is July 29.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Another quick bit of news about Win 10. Seems those who have Windows Enterprise versions will not get the tray icon upgrade, but will have to follow another process at another time to be determine by MS.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.