Apple iPhone spreadsheet processor ???

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Apple iPhone spreadsheet processor ???

Post by ChrisGreaves »

For a friend: Two young guys, hard workers, done a bit of work for me, don't have a clue about Estimates, Quotations etc. Fresh out of high school. But keen as mustard, and a whole lot of fun.
I mocked up an Excel spreadsheet as a model of an estimate for the job they were already doing for me.
The can read my Panels2.XLS on their phones, in what seems to me a print-preview mode, but I want them (and they want) to build their own two-column spreadsheets to make estimates on other jobs that they do (lawn mowing, snow-plowing etc).

Nothing overpowering.

Just something that can +-*/ and accommodates a column of text labels and a column of numeric values and formulas.
They should probably drop $500 on a laptop, but maybe in a few months time. When they have some spare capital. Right now they need something a tad more powerful than a calculator.

Thanks for any clues.
Chris
He who plants a seed, plants life.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Apple iPhione spreadsheet processor ???

Post by BobH »

There is an Excel app for the iPhone. Tell them to check the App Store.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Re: Apple iPhone spreadsheet processor ???

Post by PaulB »

Apple has a spreadsheet app for iPhone/iPad called Numbers, available free in the App Store.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Apple iPhione spreadsheet processor ???

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BobH wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 19:16
There is an Excel app for the iPhone. Tell them to check the App Store.
@Paul @Bob
Thank you both for these responses. I passed your text on to young Shannon.
I have the old DELL here and have offered to let them use it for Excel if they want.
Of course I am Old-School and believe that they should develop estimates, the data at least, with pencil-and-paper before approaching a computer.
Thanks again
Chris
He who plants a seed, plants life.