Photo Editing App For iPhone

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Re: Photo Editing App For iPhone

Post by hlewton »

stuck wrote:

Meanwhile one last idea... If as you say:
hlewton wrote:...I can edit them at the site I send them to to be printed before placing the actual order for prints...
then, rather than editing them, see if the site allows you to scale the photos. On this side of the pond Cewe is a big name in photo printing and their software allows you to order:
    6 x 4 digital prints - which gives you photo that fills a piece of 6 x 4 paper but consequently crops the picture
OR
    Original (variable length) - which results in uncropped photos that are 5.333" x 4"

See if you can find a similar option on your photo printing site. I print photos from my wife's camera (Nikon compact camera that has a 4:3 aspect ratio) using the 'Original (variable length)' option. No editing needed and the entire picture is printer, simple.

Ken
What the sites allow me to do is first tell it what size photos I want to print, then choose "Edit" and a frame that represents that size photo appears over the photo. Then I can move the photo to make sure what I want to print is inside that frame. I have come across only a very few that the subject matter would not fully print inside that frame but even when I edited them on the iPhone itself the same was true.
Regards,
hlewton

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

hlewton wrote:What the sites allow me to do is first tell it what size photos I want to print...
In the Cewe software it's at this point I can choose between '6 x 4' and 'Original (variale length)'. The default is 6 x 4 and if I don't change it then I would have to edit/crop to get the entire picture.

Ken

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Yesterday I installed FastStone Image Viewer and when I opened a photo I was able to see tools and able to change the size to a 4 x 6 photo. Today I tried opening the same photo plus others and they all open to full screen. I have not found a setting to tell it not to open in Full screen and I see no editing tools when it's opened that way. Where is the setting to make sure it does not open photos in Full screen? I think I may have gotten away from the full screen view but still would like the proper way to set it.

Also yesterday I saw the option while, I think, I was editing the photo to set it to 6 x 4 and that too seems to have disappeared today. What can I do to get that option back?
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

In full screen mode, you can access various tools by moving the mouse pointer to the edges of the screen (each edge shows different options).
Press Esc to exit full screen mode.
The keyboard shortcut for resizing an image is Ctrl+R.
The keyboard shortcut for cropping an image is X.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:In full screen mode, you can access various tools by moving the mouse pointer to the edges of the screen (each edge shows different options).
Press Esc to exit full screen mode.
The keyboard shortcut for resizing an image is Ctrl+R.
The keyboard shortcut for cropping an image is X.
Thank you. Not sure why it acted differently today but the above commands you gave me work great.
Regards,
hlewton

Mack21RC
NewLounger

Post by Mack21RC »

I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by changing easily the aspect ratio of a picture on your iPhone using the built-in Photos app. Here's how:-
1. Open the Photos app:- Locate and open the Photos app on your iPhone.
2. Select the picture:- Find the picture you want to modify and tap on it to open it in full screen.
3. Access the Edit menu:- Tap the "Edit" button located at the top right corner of the screen.
4. Enter Crop mode:- Look for the "Crop" icon (a rectangle with corners) in the bottom toolbar and tap it to enter crop mode.
5. Choose your desired aspect ratio:- Here's how to choose your desired aspect ratio:
    Free crop: Drag the corner handles of the crop rectangle to adjust the area you want to keep.
      Preset ratios: Tap the "Aspect Ratio" button (square icon with grids) at the top. Select from pre-defined options like square (1:1), 16:9 (widescreen), 5:4, 4:3, and more.
      6. Apply the changes:- Once you're happy with the cropped area and chosen aspect ratio, tap the "Done" button at the bottom right corner.

RonH
      SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

My Android also (Google Pixel) has 4:3 or 16:9 options though I rarely use the latter. 4:3 seems to be the preferred image size on phones for printing these days (something to do with sensor sensitivity?) and Cewe in Europe is excellent for printing. Occasionally I also make use of the editing software you mentioned, Photo Editor.
      CYa Ron
      W11 pc, Android toys.
      The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

hlewton
      PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Mack21RC wrote:
      26 Feb 2024, 08:42
      I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by changing easily the aspect ratio of a picture on your iPhone using the built-in Photos app. Here's how:-
      1. Open the Photos app:- Locate and open the Photos app on your iPhone.
      2. Select the picture:- Find the picture you want to modify and tap on it to open it in full screen.
      3. Access the Edit menu:- Tap the "Edit" button located at the top right corner of the screen.
      4. Enter Crop mode:- Look for the "Crop" icon (a rectangle with corners) in the bottom toolbar and tap it to enter crop mode.
      5. Choose your desired aspect ratio:- Here's how to choose your desired aspect ratio:
        Free crop: Drag the corner handles of the crop rectangle to adjust the area you want to keep.
          Preset ratios: Tap the "Aspect Ratio" button (square icon with grids) at the top. Select from pre-defined options like square (1:1), 16:9 (widescreen), 5:4, 4:3, and more.
          6. Apply the changes:- Once you're happy with the cropped area and chosen aspect ratio, tap the "Done" button at the bottom right corner.
          Thank you for that information, I will look into it.
          Regards,
          hlewton