Restoring file display settings in Windows Explorer

jmt356
SilverLounger

Restoring file display settings in Windows Explorer

Post by jmt356 »

Previously, Windows Explorer would display a folder according to the last setting to which it was set. For example, if I set a folder to display in list view, it would display in list view even if I closed the Windows Explorer window and reopened it to the folder in question.

Now, however, all of my Windows Explorer folders are displaying according to the last setting that I applied to a specific folder. For example, if I change a folder from List View to Large Icon view, not only are the files in the particular folder displayed as large icons, but so are the files in the head folder and all other folders in My Documents.

How do I restore the default setting where changing a particular view only impacts the folder in which the change was made?
Regards,

JMT

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Restoring file display settings in Windows Explorer

Post by Rudi »

You are able to reset the folders by going to the View Ribbon in File Explorer
Click on Options
In the dialog, go to the View Tab
Reset Folders
1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Restoring file display settings in Windows Explorer

Post by Rudi »

In addition to this setting, you can mark a folder as a certain TYPE (eg: Picture, General, Music, etc..)
When you use Apply to Folders, the settings are applied to all folders of that TYPE (not ALL folders in the system).

Dialog to define the type of folder...
To access this dialog, right click the folder and choose Properties
1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.