Why I went to The Montreal Deli tonight

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Why I went to The Montreal Deli tonight

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Scan10003.jpg
Lest you ever think I'm being overly generous by offering to treat any/all of you to lunch at The Montreal Deli I thought I'd show you tonight's bill.

Ms B and I ordered a Deli Special salad between us.
We neither of us can eat a whole serve of any of the entrees, sandwiches or salads.
So we shared a Deli Special salad .

The Deli Special salad is a combination of garden salad, coleslaw, smoked meat, ham, cheese, potato salad etc. etc. with a choice of dressing.
We split the salad in two parts, and Ms B couldn't eat but half of hers, so I brought that home for lunch tomorrow.

From my point of view, 3 adult meals for $16. (all prices Canadian)
You think.

But the two glasses of pop were a "Saturday Special Treat" for us, so if we back out the cost of drinks (I generally prefer plain water), we get a $10.25 salad plus 13% tax, which gives a total of $11.58.

Now that's under $4 per meal, and the two meals tonight are full-service, and friendly, too.

We don't know anywhere else in Western Ontario or Western New York State where you can get top-quality food and service at these prices.

John Pulos's Chef's Diner near Watkins Glen NY comes a close second.
But that's 5 hours drive away,.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle