Tea cans

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Re: Tea cans

Post by Hey Jude »

ChrisGreaves wrote: Ah yes, the little pink strings. The bag was suspended from the little finger and tea was sucked through a plastic straw.
In Paraguay we drank tea thru a bombilla aluminum straw that strained the tea leaves so you could drink the teréré (yerba maté) without choking on the leaves. Typically it was also drunk out of a plugged cow horn (guampa) for some added flavour....one of the great pleasures of living indigenously with a communal tea "can." This particular tea was always drunk w/o any milk/sugar additives, but you could (and we did) stuff the horn full of fresh lemon grass, orange mint, and/or any other green flavouring to your liking.
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Hey Jude wrote:... drank tea thru a bombilla aluminum straw that strained the tea leaves so you could ...
I found myself thinking "Where could I purchase an aluminium straw with a filter in Toronto", then realised that I could probably make do with a plastic straw as provided with Bubble Tea and use a well-rinsed filter from a discarded cigarette butt.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

You can get one at Amazon.com :-) http://www.amazon.com/Teavana-Bombilla- ... B00274UWPK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you can see a few examples of what we used. I have several here that we still use and
I always keep my Yerba supply stocked~!
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

Post by Guest »

Welli do not have an idea about the tea cans because i use to take tea in cups but not tried to have information about cans . Thanks

Doc Watson
4StarLounger

Post by Doc Watson »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
Hey Jude wrote:... drank tea thru a bombilla aluminum straw that strained the tea leaves so you could ...
.........I could probably make do with a plastic straw as provided with Bubble Tea and use a well-rinsed filter from a discarded cigarette butt.
Good lord Chris !!! Just bum a cigarette from someone and break off the CLEAN filter !!! :nuts:
If life gives you melons,
You may be dyslexic.