Pineapple Cheesecake

geecee
3StarLounger
Location: Australia - SOUTH MORANG - A northern suburb of the city of MELBOURNE in the state of Victoria

Pineapple Cheesecake

Post by geecee »

This is more baking than cooking.

TRY THIS ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS
PINEAPPLE CHEESECAKE

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups biscuit crumbs
3oz butter, melted
2 teaspoons hot water
1 tablespoon gelatine
13oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
¼ cup lemon juice
1x425g can crushed pineapple, drained
¼ cup pineapple juice from drained pineapple
1¼ cups cream, whipped

METHOD:
Combine biscuit crumbs, melted butter and hot water. Press onto sides and base of 8" spring form tin. Refrigerate
Dissolve gelatine in hot water. Beat cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar, dissolved gelatine, vanilla essence, lemon juice, ¼ cup pineapple juice. Blend well
Fold cream and drained crushed pineapple into cheese mixture. Pour into prepared crumb crust. Chill until firm. Decorate with fresh strawberries

:chef: and ENJOY :munch:
George

When we're gaun up the hill o’ fortune, may we ne'er meet a frien' comin' doun!
(When we are going up the hill of fortune, may we never meet a friend coming down!)

:smile: Don't cry because it's over...Smile because it happened.l :smile:

:note: At the end of the day it's midnight. :note:

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Pineapple Cheesecake

Post by BobH »

Another puzzle post, geecee?

By referring to 'biscuit crumbs' I infer that you mean what Americans call cookie crumbs. We have many kinds of biscuits/cookies. What kind of cookies to you recommend?
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Probably this type:
Rich_tea.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

In SA we call them Marie biscuits, but you can also use Tennis biscuits, which has a hint of coconut in them.
SP2-Sat,28-9.jpg
SP2-Sat,28-9.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

Graham cracker crust, maybe?
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

geecee
3StarLounger
Location: Australia - SOUTH MORANG - A northern suburb of the city of MELBOURNE in the state of Victoria

Post by geecee »

BobH wrote:Another puzzle post, geecee?

By referring to 'biscuit crumbs' I infer that you mean what Americans call cookie crumbs. We have many kinds of biscuits/cookies. What kind of cookies to you recommend?
A digestive biscuit is a personal preference.
250px-Digestive_biscuits.jpg
As an aside, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cookie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; in part,
In Scotland the term cookie is sometimes used to describe a plain bun.
usually with a glazed top.
George

(When we are going up the hill of fortune, may we never meet a friend coming down!)

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks for the explanation, George.

I've searched for an equivalent here in the States and have not yet found one produced here. (There are numerous imported brands, but that raises the costs appreciably.)

I wonder if anyone knows of an American brand equivalent.

(BTW, George, can you give us a phonetic version of your signature quote? Is 'lang' pronounced with sound of 'hang, or gang?' Or, is it pronounced more like 'long'? It speaks an excellent blessing and wish to the recipient.)
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

geecee
3StarLounger

Post by geecee »

BobH wrote: (BTW, George, can you give us a phonetic version of your signature quote? Is 'lang' pronounced with sound of 'hang, or gang?' Or, is it pronounced more like 'long'? It speaks an excellent blessing and wish to the recipient.)
Lang mey yer lum reek

Lang = rhymes with hang
mey = rhymes with the 'ligh' part of light
yer = rhymes with sir
lum = rhymes with the 'lum' part of lump
reek = rhymes with seek

Literally, "Long may your chimney smoke." A Scottish salutation wishing long life and prosperity.

A shortened version of “Lang may yer lum reek wi ither fowk’s coal.” meaning “Long may your chimney smoke with other people’s coal.”

Refers to the old Scottish New Year’s Eve custom of bringing a piece of coal into each home visited, of adding warmth to the fire of a friend. It’s a way of saying something like, “Have many friends, live a long time, and good luck.”

The Scottish dialect can vary so much, from The Highlands to South Ayrshire, and from East to West, so in different parts of the country, different words can mean the same thing.

The language is a 'spoken' language rather than a 'written' language so it cannot be said that, when written, there is a right and a wrong way of spelling a word.
George

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thank you, George!

Your phonetics were spot on! That is the way I thought it would be pronounced, but wasn't certain.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Now to find a digestive generally available in America without import costs tacked on.

We no longer have Uneeda Biscuit, which I think might have filled the bill. :sad:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

geecee
3StarLounger

Post by geecee »

BobH wrote: We no longer have Uneeda Biscuit, which I think might have filled the bill. :sad:
We used to have Uneeda Biscuits here in Australia but haven't seen them for some years now. Sorry, can't say whether or not they would fill the bill since they were a cracker biscuit. Never used them as a crust for a cake.
George

remapizh
NewLounger

Post by remapizh »

good combination.
taste yummy.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Hi remapizh

Welcome to Eileen's lounge.
Cheesecake with a hint of pineapple is a good combination. :thumbup:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.