Pizza - modified technique

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Pizza - modified technique

Post by ChrisGreaves »

I used a modified technique tonight (I recorded three days ago).
Home_0613132046-00 [800x600].jpg
In the first place I used a dab of my Animal-Fat hoard to grease the tray, instead of pure vegetable oil. I believe the animal fat has a higher melting, burning, everything-point and it makes better lubricant for baking Pizzas, Loaves of Bread, and so on.

Secondly I made the pizza dough as a slightly more Fluid Dough. It didn't flow as a liquid, but once on the tray it became easier to spread to the edges and into the corners, using a spatula.

Thirdly I let the dough sit and flatten and rise for twenty minutes before applying the tomato paste base.

Fourthly, I chopped the Onion, and slid it into a plastic bag; I repeated the process for the Mushroom, Sausage and Tomato. I then "ballooned" the plastic bag and shook it to mix the ingredients. The toppings were therefore randomized as they hit the dough, no need to hand-distribute the chunks evenly.

And yes, it is every bit as tasty as previous pizzas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Pizza - modified technique

Post by Rudi »

That looks awesome...but i hear it tastes better when the shape is round. :grin:
BTW: great tip on mixing up the toppings... Cheers!
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Rudi wrote:That looks awesome...but I hear it tastes better when the shape is round. :grin:
(1) "round" vs "square" my stomach doesn't care
(2) "mixing up the toppings", my stomach does, no stoppings!

No, but seriously, I've been challenged on this. SQUARE pizzas, my friends say?
I figure round pizzas only exist because a few pampered kids got to practice that swirl-the-pastry thing and their mothers cleaned the kitchen floor afterwards.

Besides which, my oven is rectangular in shape. (I was going to say "a rectangular solid", but but it isn't, really solid at all)

P.S. Why do you never hear people say things like "I opened the oven door and it felt like the West Australian desert in there ..."?

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
Rudi wrote:That looks awesome...but I hear it tastes better when the shape is round. :grin:
(1) "round" vs "square" my stomach doesn't care
(2) "mixing up the toppings", my stomach does, no stoppings!

No, but seriously, I've been challenged on this. SQUARE pizzas, my friends say?
I figure round pizzas only exist because a few pampered kids got to practice that swirl-the-pastry thing and their mothers cleaned the kitchen floor afterwards.

Besides which, my oven is rectangular in shape. (I was going to say "a rectangular solid", but but it isn't, really solid at all)

P.S. Why do you never hear people say things like "I opened the oven door and it felt like the West Australian desert in there ..."?
Round or square - who cares! Your pizza looks delicious! I agree with Rudi, good tip for mixing up the toppings!
:thankyou:
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

Claude
cheese lizard

Post by Claude »

What's next ? A Pyramid Pizza ? :evilgrin:

Looks delicious. As for the WA desert, you mean like this ?
Cheers, Claude.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Claude wrote:...the WA desert, you mean like this ?
Ah! The base station of Charles Yelverton O'Connor's "Goldfields Water Supply", a topic dear to my heart!
Back in 1900(?) when WA's population was about 65,000 (one million square miles) he devised a scheme to pump water to Kalgoorlie, 370(?) miles from Perth, by letting in run downhill for most of the way!

Talk about Pizzazz!