Error code: PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

Networking, connecting to the internet, wi-fi and home entertainment
BobH
UraniumLounger

Error code: PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

Post by BobH »

I'm getting this error more than 50% of the time when I try to use Amazon.com. I might have had it on other websites but it has become a real bother with Amazon.

There have been 2 significant changes in my setup recently: I changed ISP and I switched to SurfShark as my VPN.

I changed ISP about a month ago, going to a cellular service (T-Mobile) for the first time; therefore there is no cabling involved so no traditional cable modem and router. I do have a device from T-Mobile that is a cellular transceiver and provides the modem and router functions. Although I can't be certain, this problem began about the time I switched ISP. Coincidence or cause? I don't know.

I changed VPN provider a week or two after changing ISP. Some info I saw online said that a VPN could be causing the problem but only suggested disabling it, which I do NOT want to do. I have found nothing to indicate that SurfShark is the problem, and it is a very widely used platform.

Searching I found an article saying this is only a problem with Firefox. Well, there have been Fx updates lately, too. I went to the Mozilla Support page and found recommendations to choose No Proxy Server in network settings. I tried that; it made no difference.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If you solved it, could you please tell me how? I'd also like to have a better explanation of what causes it. The error message itself is rather non-specific. I don't know if the connection failed because of security problems or signal problems, for instance.

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Error code: PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

Post by JoeP »

I use T-Mobile home internet when we are in Florida and Edge or Firefox. We regularly access Amazon and have not seen this issue. We normally do not use a VPN.

Have you re-started the T-Mobile device?
Joe

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Yes. I've power failed and restarted the T-Mobile device.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Searching found this article:
    https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/word ... tion-error

My money is on the fix being to disable your VPN but you have made it clear you're not prepared to do that so if none of the other fixes in the above article help you I fear you have to put up with the error.

Ken