Add my system with printer

Networking, connecting to the internet, wi-fi and home entertainment
BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Add my system with printer

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Dear Community,

we have a printer name kyocera taskalfa 3511i. i need to add my system with Addressbook. I dont know how to do it properly. Kindly help me to what are all i required where i can find it. please help me here i tried with following details. i attached screen shot. How to activate SMB and FTP. I test FTP but it shows simply error. Command center admin password and ip address i know. kindly help me to add my email address as well as my system.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Add my system with printer

Post by StuartR »

I don't understand why you are trying to add those protocols for a printer, or how you get to this dialog box.
StuartR

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Dear sir,
I am getting this dialogue box from command centre Rx which belongs to printer. Kyocera Taskalfa 3511i when we connect with network it gets a IP address. We can copy the IP address simply paste in browser address bar. Then we can access command centre. We can login then add address book and every settings for printer. Every model has a unique user name, password. But both will be same. Now i want to scan and send to my system or Gmail directly from printer. So i need to add my system and mail id. So i need to set SMB, and TCP. I dont know how to do it properly. Could you please help me sir.

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Dear Community,

I just solved the problem. if we want to scan the files to our system's folder then we need to set up SMB settings.

Hostname is system name. we can find in system properties or we can find by using CMD. in command prompt just type hostname then hit enter it shows hostname of your computer
port number is automatically assigned one and make sure in your printer's command center Rx setting that SMAB is Turned on
path is create your own folder to scanned files to be stored then give that folder to share permission in properties. Right click the folder then click share tab then click share then select users like everyone then you can copy the link of folder by right clicking then paste it
then your windows login user name and log in password then click test it will show connection ok then click submit. you are done.

Claude
cheese lizard

Post by Claude »

Thanks for letting us know you solved it.
Cheers, Claude.