Ralink and Windows 10 'Update'

Networking, connecting to the internet, wi-fi and home entertainment
RonH
SilverLounger

Ralink and Windows 10 'Update'

Post by RonH »

Windows 10, on a couple of recent occasions, has 'messaged my screen' to say that I need to restart my pc in respect of this download. Where can I find out if such a download has actually occurred and if necessary delete it before any reboot is required for other reasons ... my installed WiFi software works entirely satisfactorily without 'updating' my 2011 W7 pc now upgraded to W10.
Cheers Ron

This is what is currently installed:
Ralink.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Ralink and Windows 10 'Update'

Post by JoeP »

Look in Settings | Update & Security | Windows Update | View installed update history.

If you wish to disable automatic driver updates see Stop automatic driver updates on Windows 10.
Joe

RonH
SilverLounger

Re: Ralink and Windows 10 'Update'

Post by RonH »

Thanks Joe.
However, as best I can tell the installed update history only shows updates actually installed. The update I refer to has not yet been installed ... just keeps telling me to reboot via the notifications panel. I think I will 'just do it' after setting a Restore Point and see what happens. Any issue arising will be posted here.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.