Belkin Wireless Router and Linksys USB Adapter Compatibility

Networking, connecting to the internet, wi-fi and home entertainment
hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Belkin Wireless Router and Linksys USB Adapter Compatibility

Post by hlewton »

Well I think I already know the answer to the question but I have to ask it. I have a Linksys AE3000 Dual-Band Wireless-N USB Adapter with that I try to use with the Belkin wireless router I have had now for about 6 months. When I enable it and disable the internal adapter in my laptop it does not see my home network at all so I have no communication between my computers when that is enabled. When using the internal adapter all is fine except speed which is what I am trying to get with the Linksys AE3000 Dual-Band Wireless-N USB Adapter. I have the Belkin N900 DB wireless router that has preformed fine. I should mention that when I use the AE3000 the connection strength shows low to very low. This same adapter showed very good to excellent signal strength when using the Linksys router that I had so much trouble with. Also when using the AE3000 with the Linksys router I still had access to my other network computers.

I said I thought I knew the answer to my question but hope I am mistaken. My thought is since this is all hardware it may not make a difference but I am wondering that since this AE3000 worked well with the Linksys wireless router could it be possible since it is a Linksys product it is not fully compatible with the Belkin N900 DB wireless router?

Thanks
Regards,
hlewton

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Belkin Wireless Router and Linksys USB Adapter Compatibi

Post by JoeP »

It is more likely the two routers are using a different channel. Try a different channel on the Belkin router. Make suer you have the most current drivers for the Linksys NIC.

Joe
Joe

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Re: Belkin Wireless Router and Linksys USB Adapter Compatibi

Post by hlewton »

Thank you Joe I'll try to find them.
Regards,
hlewton