Why the difference of sequence

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Why the difference of sequence

Post by Dave Davison »

Comments please as to why the Alpha / Numeric order of a set of 5 recordings is not consistent when I change from Icons view to List view? I arrange them in numeric order on the Icons view but when changed to List view it goes to 4-5-1-2-3. [see below] Thanks Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Why the difference of sequence

Post by HansV »

Did you drag them around in icon view? I don't think that will carry over to other views. You could right-click an empty part of the explorer window and select Sort By | Name from the popup menu.
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Yes, I did juggle the icons into the correct sequence then clicked the "List" view as I intended to drag them to Ashampoo for burning in the correct order seeing they are consecutive. It was at this stage I noticed they were out of order. Is it just an Idiosyncrasy with windows that icons can be dragged into a desired order but not when in list view? To show just how unpredictable and none constant these things can be, I just performed the same sequence of editing and in List view they are now in numerical order :scratch: :scratch: It's just occured to me that files can be repositioned in Ashampoo before burning so the hurdle is of little consequence after all but thanks anyway. Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

One can always jump to the list or detail mode and sort by the different columns, then jump back to the icon mode and the new sort should be shown there. It has been this way since Windows 98.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

....thanks Dave.... something else I've learned, I noted that after sorting in the "Icons" mode then reverting to "List" mode the changes did not remain put but the way you describe works fine as stated. ..... Regards Dave.