Increase number of labels per sheet Publisher 2007

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Increase number of labels per sheet Publisher 2007

Post by Peter Kinross »

I am trying to get Publisher 2007 to do an A4 page of labels - 8 rows of 3 columns. I am using Avery labels, but I can’t see that particular size (6.9cm x 3.52cm) anywhere in Publisher’s Avery labels sizes.
Not to worry, I have selected a close size and adjusted the actual label sizes (Publisher calls them Page sizes), spacing and sheet margins. But Publisher shows 7 rows of 3 instead of 8 rows. There is plenty of room on the sheet, but I cannot find anywhere to tell Publisher to have 8 rows. Extremely frustrating.
I can build this custom label sheet in Word and it works just fine, but darned if I can do it in Publisher.
Avagr8day, regards, Peter

HansV
Administrator

Re: Increase number of labels per sheet Publisher 2007

Post by HansV »

This one seems to come close...
S0052.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Post by Peter Kinross »

Certainly looks like a solution. But I cannot find anywhere to see the label layout on a sheet. Nor can I find anyway to search for the label number.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'm using Publisher 2010. When selecting a template for a new document, there is a search box.
I hardly used Publisher 2007, so I can't remember how it worked there.
Best wishes,
Hans

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

I usually look at Label Planet when hunting for the Avery label references, from whence I find that the Laser version of what Hans said might be L7159.

If that's the wrong one, try the Search by Number of Labels per Sheet.

For the price they charge, you'd think that Avery would make it easier to find the correct labels!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Post by Peter Kinross »

My big mistake was assuming that MS had most of the main Avery labels listed in Pub 2007. You'd think I would learn; if it can be done simply and intuitively, MS won't have a bar of it.
I finally got what I wanted. What I did was search under non Avery labels for one around the size I wanted, hoping it would give 3 cols of 8 rows. I found one, then adjusted the actual sizes to what I wanted and renamed it.
But from what I can see, there is no way to see a mini page layout of labels such as Hans's pic above. Dear old MS, Grrrrr. I think I can recall seeing this in Pub 2003, but it must have been dropped.
Thanks John, but I can find no way of searching for a label designator in Pub 2007.
Pretty strange that neither the label designator that I wanted nor the one Hans suggested were listed under Avery labels in Pub 2007.
Thanks all.

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Post by Peter Kinross »

I have to eat crow!
I just tried again and could indeed find the label I was originally looking for. I could even search for it.
Couldn't seem to be able to do all that a few hours ago though. Don't know what I am doing differently.
My apologies MS, I was dead wrong. I unreservedly take back that Grrrrr.