Refrigerator Blindness - I can't stir!

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Refrigerator Blindness - I can't stir!

Post by ChrisGreaves »

I mostly think that what goes on inside this 1.5 pound chunk of grey meat is more wonderful than all of everything that goes on outside of it (Leif: No need for you to comment; nor you, John Gray ...(grin))

So there I am yesterday morning at the breakfast buffet in The Hampton Inn in Painted Post NY.
I've plonked a great steaming dollop of wake-me-up extra-strong in my paper cup.
I've peeled back and squeezed out two French Vanilla capsules of sweetened milk-stuff.
I've torn the corner of a sachet of sugar, tipped half the sachet in my cup, and leant the sachet against the stand for I'll need that for my second cup in about 90 seconds.

All I need now is one of those brown plastic stir-sticks to mix it all in, after which I'll drop the brown plastic stir-stick into the garbage along with the two empty creamer capsules.

I can do this!

Eyes front; no brown plastic stir-sticks.
Eyes scan left then back to centre; no brown plastic stir-sticks.
Eyes scan right then back to centre; no brown plastic stir-sticks.

What kind of hotel puts out the most lavish breakfast buffet in NY state and doesn't provide brown plastic stir-sticks?

Young man next to me coughs politely and asks "Can I help you with something?".
"Yes", I respond, for we are in the same boat and both desperate for our first coffee. "I can't find the brown plastic stir-sticks".

He points to the beaker right in front of me, full of candy-striped plastic stir-sticks

My brain has decided it wants a brown plastic stir-stick, and my eyes/brain are therefore looking for brown plastic stir-sticks.
Nothing but brown plastic stir-sticks can be deemed success, so I've glossed right over candy-pink striped plastic stir-sticks because they aren't brown plastic stir-sticks.

:burnup:
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

HansV
Administrator

Re: Refrigerator Blindness - I can't stir!

Post by HansV »

You could have taken your coffee shaken, not stirred.
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:You could have taken your coffee shaken, not stirred.
Not an issue, Hans.
By definition the first coffee is always shaken.
It's only after the first coffee that my hands stop shaking :rofl:

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

You could always bring along your own little brown plastic stir-stick. Wouldn't take up much room or weight in your baggage.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

viking33 wrote:You could always bring along your own little brown plastic stir-stick. Wouldn't take up much room or weight in your baggage.
Right.
And this would be only the second time ever Customs & Immigration says "Sir, please pop the trunk"! :groan: