Sunday School Class

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Sunday School Class

Post by Bigaldoc »

I read this in an old Readers Digest at the nursing home today but didn't want to tear the page out. So, I'll have to try to do it from memory (or paraphrase):

A teacher was conducting a Sunday School class with some young children.
    She read to the children a few verses from the book of Mark:

But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
        For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;
        And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

When she finished, she asked the class if anyone could tell her one important thing about marriage.
    A little boy quickly raised his hand and said "cleavage!"

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Re: Sunday School Class

Post by Hey Jude »

It is said, "A little child shall lead them" :rofl: I'm also very happy you got to return to your Billie so you must be very happy~!~! Congrats BigAlDoc :thankyou:
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Hey Jude wrote:It is said, "A little child shall lead them" :rofl: I'm also very happy you got to return to your Billie so you must be very happy~!~! Congrats BigAlDoc :thankyou:
Yes, I did see her and she's OK, had a good lunch and drank plenty of fluid, all of which are good signs. I've been checking by phone every other day anyhow. Thanks for asking!

Boy, it's surprising how long it's taking for this Norovirus to run its course in there. In Billie's wing today (about 55 people) there are two or three still recovering. One of 'em, a good friend of mine is "almost" over his and in spite of being restricted to his room, he's standing in the doorway like a caged (Kentucky) Wildcat, ready to come out of there. :laugh:

Me & My Girl:    Image

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

Bigaldoc wrote: Yes, I did see her and she's OK,

One of 'em, a good friend of mine is "almost" over his and in spite of being restricted to his room, he's standing in the doorway like a caged (Kentucky) Wildcat, ready to come out of there. :laugh:

Me & My Girl:    Image
That's wonderful about Billie and I'm very happy she is eating and drinking plenty of fluids. That can be key to resistance with these nasty superbugs anymore. We'll keep her in our prayers and you too.
Hang in there....
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Post by jonwallace »

Noro's not exactly a superbug, just INCREDIBLY catching. (Aerosol spread - doesn't really bear thinking about...) And unpleasant :barf:
Our local hospital had five or six wards closed over the weekend
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube