July Unique this year?

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

July Unique this year?

Post by Dave Davison »

Just got this from a friend, thought it a little unusual so post it here..... :fanfare: Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Re: July Unique this year?

Post by John Gray »

Not as unusual as you think, Dave! Always consult Snopes when you encounter this sort of claim! (Other good debunking sites are available...)

"It is perfectly true that July 2011 has 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. However, such a combination occurs far more often than every 823 years. The last occurrence was in July 2005 while the next occurrence will take place in July 2016. The message is just a revamped version of very similar - and equally erroneous - messages about August and October 2010." Hoax Slayer
John Gray

If you are having problems with solitude, you are not alone.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

This is an urban legend-type of story - see for example An August Event. It occurs far more than every 823 years.

And the one about adding the last two digits of your birth year to your age isn't all that special either - it's a simple calculation (and it doesn't hold for everyone in the world - only for those born from 1900 to 1999).
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

.....so there you have it....I'll send a link to this page to the guy who I got the information from and see how he reacts. Cheers Dave.

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

That also contains the age old caveat, forward this and you will be blessed with untold wealth and power and fame. IF you don't forward you will be buried under a huge pile of dung and never have a good night's sleep for 10 years! :aflame: :burnup: :laugh:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Bowlie
5StarLounger

Post by Bowlie »

viking33 wrote:That also contains the age old caveat, forward this and you will be blessed with untold wealth and power and fame. IF you don't forward you will be buried under a huge pile of dung and never have a good night's sleep for 10 years! :aflame: :burnup: :laugh:
Ah, so that explains why I've been have trouble sleeping ... and my tomatoes have been growing so well ... :duck: :cheers:

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Bowlie wrote:
viking33 wrote:That also contains the age old caveat, forward this and you will be blessed with untold wealth and power and fame. IF you don't forward you will be buried under a huge pile of dung and never have a good night's sleep for 10 years! :aflame: :burnup: :laugh:
Ah, so that explains why I've been have trouble sleeping ... and my tomatoes have been growing so well ... :duck: :cheers:
See.....you didn't believe them and now.... :laugh:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.