"Stupid Guy Trick"

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

"Stupid Guy Trick"

Post by Bigaldoc »

Yet another "stupid guy trick." Big Al and the @#$%& washing machine!

Back in the day, I used to wonder how come my wife Billie used to have periodic problems with UNBALANCED loads in the washing machine. I never figured it to be her fault however. I always thought it was because the clothes "shifted" to one side during the wash cycle and when the spin started, they would be unbalanced.

Not true, I learned yesterday, the hard way! I've obviously been running the washer ever since Billie left for Thomson-Hood nursing home. I've been lucky I guess because I've NEVER had an unbalanced load problem.

Yesterday I put a load of whites in the machine (underwear and socks) as I usually do. I usually just grab a handful out of my laundry basket and throw it into the machine, each one to a different spot so it looks even all around. Apparently my grabs yesterday had some things "tangled" in some way and when they went through the wash cycle some items got tied up in knots and twists and I never noticed. Who would?

I was sitting downstairs at the computer and heard the awfullest banging noises and thought it was outside, someone next door working. I went to the back door and the sound got quieter. As I headed for the other end of the house it became obvious that the noise was coming from UPSTAIRS !!! Rushing up, I found the washer jumping around and out of place by at least a foot. Quickly pressing the dial, I stopped it from spinning. However, when I started to try to re-balance the load, those clothes were so tangled up I couldn't pull them up out of the machine. They were like string or yarn, all tied up in knots very badly.

It took me 30 minutes to get them untangled and put 'em back in the machine, ONE piece at a time. The rinse and spin cycle completed without incident. I'll know better the NEXT time I run a load like that! Stupid man bites the bullet!!!

Don Wells
5StarLounger

Re: "Stupid Guy Trick"

Post by Don Wells »

Hi Al
    I occasionally run into similar problems; usually due to:
  • Fitted sheets forming a pocket and capturing smaller items thereby stopping them from being distributed; or more rarely
  • a corner of a large article being caught by the door and consequently becoming twisted.
    A completely new branch of ecucation begins when we retire. :cheers:
Regards
Don

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Al, are you saying that you don't get the servants to do the washing for you? :hushmouth:
John Gray

If you are having problems with solitude, you are not alone.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Bigaldoc wrote:It took me 30 minutes to get them untangled
May I recommend the VBA coat cleaner?
He who plants a seed, plants life.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

John Gray wrote:Al, are you saying that you don't get the servants to do the washing for you? :hushmouth:
The only "servant" around here, John, is that guy in the upper left corner of this thread wearing the Aussie hat, which by the way, I don't wear around the house! :grin:

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

So I guess you can now say that you literally got your knickers in a knot...
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Bigaldoc wrote:
John Gray wrote:Al, are you saying that you don't get the servants to do the washing for you? :hushmouth:
The only "servant" around here, John, is that guy in the upper left corner of this thread wearing the Aussie hat, which by the way, I don't wear around the house! :grin:
You really should let the "help" get more involved in the day to day operations of your house, Al.
After all, that's what they are paid to do! A busy staff is a happy staff! :grin: :laugh:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

PaulB wrote:So I guess you can now say that you literally got your knickers in a knot...
Perfect turn of a phrase, Paul !!!

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

viking33 wrote:You really should let the "help" get more involved in the day to day operations of your house, Al.
Sadly, the only hired help I have is with housecleaning which my "ticker" problems can't handle.

Even so, by the time I got finished unraveling t-shirts and shorts, I was breathing so hard I had to have a beer and rest for awhile. Nothing stops me from having my cold ones in the afternoon!