International North Sea (Keyboard language)

Bowlie
5StarLounger

International North Sea (Keyboard language)

Post by Bowlie »

I've been looking at the Logitech site to find a combination case / keyboard for my new iPad ...

The one I like, although expensive, is this one (in French). If I click on the preorder button I get a choice of keyboards which includes (amongst others) both "English" and "International North Sea". I'm guessing that English would be a US (or British) standard keyboard, but I have no idea what International (North Sea) would be.

I've searched all the usual suspects (wiki, google, logitech site) but haven't found a definition.

Anyone come across this before?

Leif
Administrator

Re: International North Sea (Keyboard language)

Post by Leif »

I suspect it is 'US English', or perhaps it means it's waterproof?
Leif

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Logitech appears to be the only manufacturer using this designation, but it isn't explained anywhere as far as I can tell. Since it is used for the European market, my guess would be that in this context, English means "UK English", i.e. with £, and that International North Sea is the same as the US keyboard layout.
Best wishes,
Hans

Bowlie
5StarLounger

Post by Bowlie »

Hans, you are right about English. If I go to the UK page (rather than Suisse romande) the choice changes to "UK English" - but Int'l North Sea isn't explained further. I'd hope that the keyboard would be 'Apple Standard' with presets for F1-F12 and with option & command keys.

I suppose I'll e-mail them, but they want you to register with them first. (Tech support here in Switzerland appears only to be Schwiizertüütsch!)