Kudos To Mike Wolfman

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Kudos To Mike Wolfman

Post by Bigaldoc »

I hope I'm not over dramatizing here, but I'd like to offer a round of applause to Mike for what he must certainly be going through with all the work he's doing on "customizing" our new Lounge!

Lately there have been a number of posts about topics which are (or will be) on Mike's "To Do" list. An example is something called SKINS that may not sound like much to the casual observer, but I wonder if most of us who aren't "into" programming really realize what's behind that rather simple sounding project?

As most of you know, I am NOT a programmer and the very thought of writing code in modern day computing scares me to the willies! BUT, I am (and many of you know THIS as well) a very curious sort. I like fooling with the OS, application software and other computing puzzles. I like to peek at what's called PAGE SOURCE in my browser, even though I don't have the foggiest notion of how one writes such complicated code.

Very recently, Mike updated the "code" in the skins (and whatever else) to add the little "reply to sender and all recipients" feature for multiple addressee PMs. Wow, that must've been some piece of work. As I've looked through some of the page source code, it must've been one heck of a job finding and modifying whatever it took.

Anyhoo, you can grin at how naive I am, but please join me in support of our devoted "Sysadmin" with applause and patience as he works his New Joisey buns off on getting us where we all want to be. Cheers, Mikey!

Image    Have a cold one on me!

Edited to add: Sheesh, and as I was writing this post, HE was doing this: New Feature

HansV
Administrator

Re: Kudos To Mike Wolfman

Post by HansV »

Mike is doing a fantastic job - he squashes bugs almost faster than we can report them, and he's testing and implementing new features all the time. You've seen Digests (in your User Control Panel) and now the new image display, and there's more to come!

It's hard to believe that Eileen's Lounge has only been in existence for three weeks, and 'live' for two weeks!
Best wishes,
Hans

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

My :cheers: to Mike for a Job well done :fanfare:
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

HansV wrote:Mike is doing a fantastic job - he squashes bugs almost faster than we can report them, and he's testing and implementing new features all the time. You've seen Digests (in your User Control Panel) and now the new image display, and there's more to come!

It's hard to believe that Eileen's Lounge has only been in existence for three weeks, and 'live' for two weeks!
Isn't it great to see that if someone comes up with a suggestion or possible bug, that it actually gets FIXED in a flash, without having it discussed to death or told that his "staff is working on it?"
Way to go, Mike.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

TonyE
3StarLounger

Post by TonyE »

I add my thanks for all the hard work Mike has put in to the Lounge.
Tony

mwolfman
The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Post by mwolfman »

Thanx Al, and everyone, I appreciate the applause but it's not only me here doing the work. Coding is the easy part. The planning and testing is a big part. I'd like to include the other admins for the applause...

Edit: There's another sweet mod going up next week...
Mike Wolfman

--To err is human; to really screw up requires root

LadyWolf
Lounger

Post by LadyWolf »

Careful Al... :scold: His head is almost too big to fit in the front door as it is... and he will NOT be allowed to smoke indoors if that happens!

Seriously though, yes, he's been working round the clock and muttering PHP code in his sleep. Though I also know he leans on much of the expertise and abilities the rest of our admins as well. I think they all deserve our applause for really building a home mum would be proud of! :eileen:

:whisper: Being SWMBO I even got a sneak peek of what has been taking up his time recently... ooooh... it'll be fun... just you wait!!!
Love...
KT Wolfman

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

mwolfman wrote:Thanx Al, and everyone, I appreciate the applause but it's not only me here doing the work. Coding is the easy part. The planning and testing is a big part. I'd like to include the other admins for the applause...
And of course you're right, Mike. I wasn't meaning to slight the other Admins. They too are always "Johnny on the spot" and I think the Loungers all recognize that.

The all-around RESPONSIVENESS is out of this world!

mwolfman
The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Post by mwolfman »

No worries Al, I'm sure they didn't think it was a 'slight'. I'm generally the 'behind the scenes' guy in whatever environment I'm working in. Not used to all the attention.

:wink: Thanx again.
Mike Wolfman

--To err is human; to really screw up requires root

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

It seems so inadequate for all the pleasure we are deriving from all of your efforts, but it's heart-felt and genuine.
Hans I really like your new clogs :grin:
Last edited by Hey Jude on 07 Feb 2010, 01:51, edited 1 time in total.
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

Slim
StarLounger

Post by Slim »

Mike
Thanks for all that you do to improve and run the lounge. I only wish I had the talent you do.
Best regards,
Slim