Homework for West Australians ...

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Homework for West Australians ...

Post by ChrisGreaves »

I am trying to track down the original (larger) images that portray the elevation of the Goldfields Water Supply scheme (Charles Yelverton O'Connnor)
I have these two tiny images (attached), and can't find the web page from which I harvested them.
if anyone can dream up a good source I'd love to hear about it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

johbot
2StarLounger

Re: Homework for West Australians ...

Post by johbot »

Chris, can an ex sandgroper have a go at answering your question? I will anyway now that I'm here.

Try http://www.goldenpipeline.com.au They have one of your images.

On a different note, I don't know how many times I would have been past Fremantle cemetery on Leach Highway when I lived there and never had any reason to go in. A couple of years ago when my father died, was my first visit. The hearse stopped directly opposite CY O'Connor's grave. I'm obviously the odd one out in my family, because I was remarking about the grave but all the others wanted to do was to find Bon Scott's grave. I think he was a musician or something wasn't he?

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

johbot wrote:Chris, can an ex sandgroper have a go ...
I didn't know that one could be an ex-sandgroper. I, at least, hope never to be one!
Try http://www.goldenpipeline.com.au They have one of your images.
Thanks! I was there (again!) this afternoon, saw the images down the RHS but didn't think to check the "Engineering" link on the left.
Thanks ever-so! I'll write them to see if I can get a readable-image from their source.
... The hearse stopped directly opposite CY O'Connor's grave.
I used to cycle around Stirling/Canning highways two or three afternoons per week, start and end at St George's College and do "the circle" around the river. I know I pedalled down through Mandurah, but can't recall cycling on Leach. I was in those days blind to history. I share your feeling of being one to spot something significant and have every one else dismiss it as trivial and focus on some singer. I have no idea who Bon Scott is; he is probably not related to Richard Dawkins OR Steven Pinker (grin!)

Thanks again for putting me on the right track ...
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

johbot
2StarLounger

Post by johbot »

I think, back in your day, Leach Highway was called High Road. It runs east west. You may have used Carrington St from Canning Highway to take you south towards Mandurah.
I'm surprised that I remember all this. So much of it has changed since I lived there. The old wool store buildings are gone and filled with housing and new streets.

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Post by jonwallace »

Bon Scott was the :scotland: Scottish Lead singer of :australia: AC/DC.

He wasn't a Stephen Pinker, but I'm not so sure that he wasn't a Richard Dawkins :evilgrin:
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube