Super Gran

steveh
SilverLounger

Super Gran

Post by steveh »

foils raiders

Further to Nathans 'Polite robber'

This 71 year old fends of 6 Jewellery shop robbers..............with her handbag!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFwVzj1eNG4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by HansV on 09 Feb 2011, 17:44, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: typos
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

garbsmj
4StarLounger

Re: Super Gran

Post by garbsmj »

And you wonder why we carry so much change in our purses? Now you know.
When one cat leaves, another mysteriously shows up.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

steveh wrote:This 71 year old fends of 6 Jewelery shop robbers..............with her handbag!!
... while dozens of passersby walk by, drive by, as if hammering on a jewelry store window is an everyday occurrence in the land of Robbing Hood.

Oh
I see.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Colour me skeptical, but I don't believe that was a 71 yo granny. I watched her trotting to the point of confrontation several times. That gait was not the gait of a 71 yo woman. Methinks there was a plainclothes person on patrol.

And, how did that camera happen to have such a perfect position at just the right time?

Staging? Good TV? Police PR improvement?

All things rotten are not in Denmark.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

BobH wrote:Colour me skeptical, but I don't believe that was a 71 yo granny. I watched her trotting to the point of confrontation several times. That gait was not the gait of a 71 yo woman...
Pessimist! I happen to know a lot of 70+ year old seniors whose gait is as good or better. I just don't happen to be one of 'em!

Jezza
5StarLounger

Post by Jezza »

BobH wrote:Colour me skeptical, but I don't believe that was a 71 yo granny. I watched her trotting to the point of confrontation several times. That gait was not the gait of a 71 yo woman. Methinks there was a plainclothes person on patrol.

And, how did that camera happen to have such a perfect position at just the right time?

Staging? Good TV? Police PR improvement?

All things rotten are not in Denmark.
Nope, big story here in England "apparently" all true. Never underestimate a 71 year old, I run on a regular basis with a 66 year old gent and a 65 year old lady at my club and they can knock spots off some of the 20 somethings. Admittedly the gait of the lady is pretty amazing.
Jerry
I’ll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there’s evidence of any thinking going on inside it

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

steveh wrote:foils raiders
Telegraph Cartoon

wasbit
2StarLounger

Post by wasbit »

The newspapers then went on to reveal her name & address. Methinks I'd rather she had 24 hour police protection rather than all the 'have been' ex MPs (Members of Parliament).

My mother, bless her, did three London marathons whilst in her 70s, her last one aged 78 & she wasn't the oldest lady by far. Not only does this put me to shame, but the morning after her last one she was out digging the garden. She also applied unsuccessfully to enter a further five London marathons.

Oh yes, & we used to call her Supergran as she still went horse riding & rode a motor cycle up until two years before she died.

As an aside, the marathon is just over 26 miles long but the non-competitive runners can be nearly 3 miles back from the start line on Blackheath. When you add that to the distance a competitor has to walk to collect their belongings & then to their transpot the distance actually walked is well over 30 miles.
Regards
wasbit

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I stand before you, chastised and remorseful.

That happens a lot to us skeptics. We just develop thicker skins!

Now will someone explain the fortunate positioning of the camera and the cinematically perfect vertical positioning as well as angle of view?
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BobH wrote:I stand before you, chastised and remorseful.
Now Bob! I won't stand for chastened AND remorseful:-

Granny was a bank robber