Flash based Christmas (and other) cards

BigKev
StarLounger

Flash based Christmas (and other) cards

Post by BigKev »

Living here in Saudi Arabia where Christmas is 'just another day', paper Christmas cards are not available so, much to my chagrin, I am forced to send electronic versions to friends and families.

By far the best site I have found is http://www.jacquielawson.com/default.asp

I highly recommend this site to those who are interested. It is only $12 a year to subscribe and the range of available cards for Christmas and other occasions is superb.

You must have Flash installed and I recommend you update to the latest version to get the full effects.

As someone who doesn't have a creative bone in his body, I am in awe of the talent of the people who create these cards, especially when the cost is so small.

Many regards and a Very Merry Christmas to all the loungers out there. I hope you have a Great Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Kevin Bell

HansV
Administrator

Re: Flash based Christmas (and other) cards

Post by HansV »

Yes, Jacquie Lawson's electronic Christmas cards were a favorite in Woody's Lounge too, they were mentioned several times there.
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BigKev wrote:... I am forced to send electronic versions to friends and families.
I have heard a rumor (I might have started it, actually) that some eCard sites serve to harvest email addresses. :grinch:
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

I too have used the Jacquie Lawson cards for a few years and they are wonderful. Since I've been a subscriber and plan on continuing, my last renewal was for two years, making the "annual" $9. I've never experienced ANY spam due to her cards.

Chris is probably correct about some places that "harvest" and maybe even worse. I've experienced one or two but don't remember the names now. At one time (over in the WSL) I told someone that I had experienced spam due to Hallmark and hadn't used them for some time. Well, I later did three or four tests at the Hallmark site with no ill impact, so I "took back" my words and now try to be more careful.

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
BigKev wrote:... I am forced to send electronic versions to friends and families.
I have heard a rumor (I might have started it, actually) that some eCard sites serve to harvest email addresses. :grinch:
I've used Jacquie Lawson's electronic Christmas cards for several years now and I have not had any complaints about spam reported back to me from those who receive my ecards. I like the work done on these cards! And there are enough new ones being created to keep the collection of cards interesting! :yep:
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.