Eastern-staters are HOPELESS at marketing

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Eastern-staters are HOPELESS at marketing

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Untitled.png
I tracked this down after a story about a beach nearby - Now you see it, now you don't.
Why people are being told to stay away from the popular 'mythical' beach at Sydney's Mackenzies Bay
(signed) "Bitingly critical" of Bonavista :rtfm:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Eastern-staters are HOPELESS at marketing

Post by BobH »

Only in OZ ...
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Not only does Mackenzies Beach occasionally lose its sand, it also seems to have lost its apostrophe!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

John Gray wrote:
14 Jan 2024, 18:48
Not only does Mackenzies Beach occasionally lose its sand, it also seems to have lost its apostrophe!
Yes, by George, It's a bit of a Gray area in Newfoundland too, that's foreshore.
20240114_154608.jpg
When I stayed in St George's in 2017 I made the mistake of asking why the name sometimes appeared with it's apostrophe and sometimes did not appear with its apostrophe. :groan:
Untitled.png
I learned yesterday that St Shott's a mer(1) 430 Km to the East by South-East has the distinction not only of owning its own apostrophe, but of having two tides rolled into one. The first tide hits the shore at St Shott's and rolls East along the southern shore, then north-west up the eastern shore and then south down the western shore (DO pay attention!) until, right on schedule, it meets up with the next tide rolling west to east (or is it east to west?) following the moon across the Atlantic ocean, making the WWE look like a choreographed ballet.

Of course now I know that Newfoundlanders have a lot more to worry about than an apostrophe, missing or not.

Some of you will appreciate my wisdom in settling as far away from that mess as possible and still be in contact with mediocre dentistry.

(1) Well it did used to be on The French Shore
Cheers, Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ChrisGreaves on 14 Jan 2024, 20:20, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BobH wrote:
14 Jan 2024, 16:29
Only in OZ ...
Bob, my friend, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Texas have "Big Spring" (on highway 20) and also "Big Springs" somewhat to the East? :innocent:
Cheers, Chris

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Perhaps because the Irish can't pronounce "Ban-shee" when they have had too much Guinness? :scratch:
Cheers, Chris