Happy New Year

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Happy New Year

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Some of you, I regret to say, started the new year ahead of the rest of us.
I forgive you.
Those of you who are waiting another twelve hours and five minutes, may accept my wishes for a Happy New year for you and, if you are so inclined, a Hoppy :cheers: New Year, too, but take a cab home. OK?
Me, I will be spending the passage of the old and the arrival of the new in my customary manner: fast asleep in bed for the previous four hours, a book having slipped to the floor.

8h 21m 10s

YES! Look how long the days are now.
That gives me even more time to bundle up and grudgingly shovel the night's snow from my fifteen-inch wide access path down my driveway.

My New Year's Resolution: Go online to the Canadian Tyre store and find a snow-shovel narrower than fifteen inches.

Cheers, Chris
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Re: Happy New Year

Post by GeoffW »

So you were too tyred to stay awake for the new year?

If you had a bicycle, that would make you two tyred.

It's interesting that you use that spelling of tyre. While that is the usual spelling in Australia or England, I would have thought that Canada would follow the US spelling.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

GeoffW wrote:
31 Dec 2023, 19:10
So you were too tyred to stay awake for the new year?
True, But it is worse than that: most nights I am too tired to stay awake for the new day!
It's interesting that you use that spelling of tyre. While that is the usual spelling in Australia or England, I would have thought that Canada would follow the US spelling.
As far as the spelling goes, the store calls itself Canadian Tire, so it does indeed use what everyone else would call "The US spelling".
But Geoff, if like me you had been in Southern Cross and drilled five days a week by Larry Hunter in how to spell twenty words each day "Beginning: He was beginnnnnning to feel tired" and "Port: port is best LEFT alone" etc you would be scared to write Tyre anyway other than Tyre. You'll just have to trust me on that one.

Larry Hunter, our headmaster, had three columns of desks in his class room: standard five, standard six, and standard seven, and the low-grade students had to occupy the front rows, while the superlative students occupied the back rows, so my aim was to maintain my place in the very back row, surrounded by Lynette Hart, Margaret Wesley, and Julie Mincham. Given the chance I'd be surrounded by them today!

As for being "two tyred". I have been re-tired for over ten years now, so I suppose that must mean that I have been tired twice :sad:

Cheers, Chris
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

8h 21m 10s
YES! Look how long the days are now.

Well, Charles, your days are sooow looong. :laugh:
Happy retreads.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

Graeme
Cosmic Lounger

Post by Graeme »

And a Happy New Year to all Loungers from me too!

Regards

Graeme

http://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/