It's not Friday, but what the heck

Don Wells
5StarLounger

It's not Friday, but what the heck

Post by Don Wells »

HOW TO CALL THE POLICE WHEN YOU'RE OLD
AND DON'T MOVE FAST ANYMORE.
Phillip Hewitson, an elderly man, from Norwich UK, was going up to bed, when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. Phillip opened the back door to go turn off the light, but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?"

He said "No," but some people are breaking into my garden shed and stealing from me.

Then the police dispatcher said "All patrols are busy. You should lock your doors and an officer will be along when one is available."

Phillip said, "Okay."

He hung up the phone and counted to 30.

Then he phoned the police again.

"Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well you don't have to worry about them now because I just shot them." and he hung up.

Within five minutes, Six Police Cars, a SWAT Team, a Helicopter, two Fire Trucks, a Paramedic, and an Ambulance showed up at the Hewitson`s' residence, and caught the burglars red-handed.

One of the Policemen said to Phillip, "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"

Phillip said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

Don't mess with old people
Regards
Don

VegasNath
5StarLounger

Re: It's not Friday, but what the heck

Post by VegasNath »

:rofl:
:wales: Nathan :uk:
There's no place like home.....

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

A fun story but if true, mr Hewitson would probably be in trouble...
Best wishes,
Hans

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

Post by ABabeNChrist »

Isn’t that the truth?
Here’s another reason for so much confusion???????

Police officers communicate with each other using code numbers instead of cumbersome words - these codes make it easier to relay information with a mouthful of justice-fighting cheeseburger. Familiarize yourself with these codes, and maybe one day you'll decide to give back to the society you've taken so much from.
411 - What's up?, 207 – Kidnapping, 962 - Subject is armed and dangerous, 208 - Penguin kidnapping, 678 - Frat boy puking in street, 21 - What I didn't get at the blackjack table, 417 - Person with a gun, 230 - Person holding a banana like a gun, 109 - Wheelchair jackknife, 211 - Armed robbery, 556 - Clown on fire, 666 - Mark of The Beast. The Apocalypse is nigh, 303 - Luscious donut, hot and glazed, 793 - Rabid grandmother, 594 - Malicious mischief, 812 - Alien colon excavation, 918 - Escaped convict, 461 - Karaoke Happy Hour, 202 - Officer Down. Then back up, then stumbles. Actually, officer drunk - never mind, 919 - Escaped man in a gorilla suit, 459 – Burglary, 111 - Elvis sighting, 345 - Too much fat xxx in too little spandex, 507 - Public nuisance, 360 - The circumference of a circle, 289 - Prostitute with heart of gold, 711 - En route to procure Blueberry Slurpee and Chili cheese Big Bite, 500 - Just won twenty bucks at the slots. Going to OTB, 313 - Assault with a greasy skillet, 1215 - Magna Carta signed, 484 - Petty theft, 116 - Cranking up siren for fun, 187 - Homicide also - predictable movie starring Samuel L.

Don Wells
5StarLounger

Post by Don Wells »

HansV wrote:A fun story but if true, mr Hewitson would probably be in trouble...
I agree. I doubt that it's true, and although I was unable to find a reference on Snopes I did find this.
Regards
Don

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Yep, same story, different name and location... :grin:
Best wishes,
Hans

VegasNath
5StarLounger

Post by VegasNath »

Don Wells wrote:
HansV wrote:A fun story but if true, mr Hewitson would probably be in trouble...
I agree. I doubt that it's true, and although I was unable to find a reference on Snopes I did find this.
I like the one further down that page Don. :grin:
:wales: Nathan :uk:
There's no place like home.....

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

The unofficial motto of the National Rifle Association: "Remember, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away!"
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

aekyall
4StarLounger

Post by aekyall »

Afraid this one has been doing the rounds in the UK for some time now - usually different scenarios but with the same storyline. the term 'apocryphal' springs to mind!! It's just unfortunate that the underlying message the story contains is so, so true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Regards,
Keith