That reminds me ...

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: That reminds me ...

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 15:35
Be nice to each other, now!
Is that a Rudimentary warning, or merely an edict from the Hanseatic league to, and here I quote, "protect their mutual trading interests"?
I believe that I am too far related to the house of Stuart to turn over a new Leif.
Cheers
Chris
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

DaveA wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 15:25
What do you mean by "slowly gaining", you "Have been" for some time! :evilgrin: :flee: :rofl:
Thank you, Dave, for the fine compliment. For a while there I thought that was only a has-been!
Cheers :thankyou:
Chris

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 15:35
Be nice to each other, now!
And that reminds me ... BobH and his people started it.

This whole thing about languages (well, OK, in another thread) is all the fault of BobH's people.

And here I quote from the 12m 02s to the 12m 40s mark: Well, all of this tea and tax business ended pretty poorly for the East India Company in North America. You probably already know about the Boston Tea Party – which ultimately culminated in an American War for Independence. And while the result of all of this was the loss of the 13 British colonies in North America, it also left the British with a new colony in India. One which the British government never really intended to acquire. And it was the British involvement in India which paved the way for the discovery of the ancient links between the languages of Europe and India.

Now there's more (I'm waiting for Kevin to complete Episode 143), but you get the idea.
Bob and his ilk(1) started it!
Cheers
Chris
(1) Episode 112, about 72.43% of the way through

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Now, Chris. You know I never meant to offend or rankle you. . . . twas only to give you inspiration. :grin:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BobH wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 17:58
Now, Chris. You know I never meant to offend or rankle you. . . . twas only to give you inspiration. :grin:
Oh No!
Not another wasted reaction!!
That's my two hundred and forty seventh this year! :shocked: :sigh: :stupidme:

Not to mention all that time lost listening to 111.7243 podcasts until I found the word "ilk". :overclocking:

Cheers
Chris