Fog on The Grand Banks

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Fog on The Grand Banks

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Untitled.png
Good thing I know my way to Swyers as I freewheel down the hill through the fog this morning.
Ventusky shows the fog, with a wind speed of knot above not noughts.
The inset is from Wikipedia.
(signed) "Old Fogey" of Bonavista
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Re: Fog on The Grand Banks

Post by John Gray »

Chris: you can contemplate the impenetrability of the Newcastle accent in this song "Fog on the Tyne" from about 1973 - before you were born!

I'm not aware of a song called "Fog on the Grand Banks"...
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Fog on The Grand Banks

Post by ChrisGreaves »

John Gray wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 16:05
Chris: you can contemplate the impenetrability of the Newcastle accent in this song "Fog on the Tyne" from about 1973 - before you were born! I'm not aware of a song called "Fog on the Grand Banks"...
John, I wouldn't mind that the first version I found on YouTube cost me 2m45s of my time, nor that I spent almost five minutes looking for a smart phone. The TubeMate load took only three seconds, not counting the "Update?" "CANCEL!" sequence.
There were too many versions to pick one (Who is Gazza? And is he related to a cricket ground? Don't have time for these thoughts) Another four minutes while I plug the phone into the Acer (once I have found the white cable - I switched offices Wednesday and everything is topsy-turvey).
What REALLY ticks me off is that the Shirley Bassey "Johnny One Note" had almost knocked the "Kyrie" from Hadyn's Nelson Mass out of my head, and now she is fighting with him, or them.

The fog is gone (it's 3:41 here) and the sun is shining, which means it will rain again, so I have to go out and rebuild my rain trough instead of

Code: Select all

Sittin in a soupy seaside shack
Supposedly slapping on paint
Slippin’ off to Swyers
Seeing Allison
Thinkin’ that her smile is quaint.

‘cos the fog in the bog always goes full-hog
The fog in the bog stops a dog(etc)

Could a crazy Chris coder ever find a cold shoulder
Kerry calls out “hello”
Alli turns and smiles and it drives my bike for miles
Tomorrow I'll be shoppin’ again
I think perhaps I need more beer.
(signed)"the fog in my brain says it's gonna rain" of Bonavista(1)
(1) Well, at least now the fog is gone we have a vista!
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle