Musicians

LisaGreen
5StarLounger

Musicians

Post by LisaGreen »

It's late. I was watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoZnind ... mb_rel_end

I suddenly thought how our regulars would fit in there...
Chris I think on the drums
Rudi possibly for guitar

What do you guys reckon??

Lisa

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Musicians

Post by BobH »

Haven't listened to Wes Montgomery in a long time. I think I'll dig out my old LPs.

Thanks for the link, Lisa!!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

If they'd done vocal, I might have been in the vocal backing group.

I was stunned just a couple of days ago to find YouTube clips of a group I sang in 45 years ago. This group ("The Proclaimers" - they had the name first) started in 1965 and continued for some 40 years - I sang with them for less than two. They introduced black gospel to Australia, and had a name for themselves back in the time. While I was with them, they sang at the Sydney Opera House (I was in Melbourne at the time), at a Carol event broadcast around the state of Victoria, and on TV several times.

The lead singer in this was Jonathan Summers, who won every vocal competition around between 1972 and 1974. He later went to become an opera singer in Covent Garden in London, but he had left the group before I started. Colour TV only came to Australia around 1976.
https://youtu.be/UBmJZOddZII

LisaGreen
5StarLounger

Post by LisaGreen »

LP's... I have a reasonable collection I think. Though a lot have been "lost" over the years to various non returners. I remember once leaving an LP in a car once in the summer. It ended up with an almost right angle bend in it! I teased it back flat with hot water in the bath... another disappearing item! ... and it played!!! Try that with a CD!!