How did it end up there?

HansV
Administrator

How did it end up there?

Post by HansV »

Stalled.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Argus
GoldLounger

Re: How did it end up there?

Post by Argus »

Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

:laugh:
Best wishes,
Hans

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

It seems to be driving on the wrong side of the Armco...!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

The VW came to America in numbers large enough to become familiar when I was a late teenager. We used to delight in placing them in positions they could not have gotten into naturally and were devilishly difficult to remove. Ten or 12 strapping lads could do wonderful things when someone did the heave hos.
Last edited by BobH on 25 May 2020, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BobH wrote:
25 May 2020, 16:04
The VW came to America in numbers large enough to become familiar when I was a late teenager. We used to delight it placing them in positions they could not have gotten into naturally and were devilishly difficult to remove. Ten or 12 strapping lads could do wonderful things when someone did the heave hos.
Yabbut!
Stalled.jpg
I think that the two shorn-off hazard signs tell a different story!
Cheers
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

Nick Vittum
4StarLounger

Post by Nick Vittum »

BobH wrote:
25 May 2020, 16:04
The VW came to America in numbers large enough to become familiar when I was a late teenager. We used to delight it placing them in positions they could not have gotten into naturally and were devilishly difficult to remove...
College pranks were also legendary during that era (maybe still are, I don't know). I remember hearing about a bunch of students—MIT, I think, though who knows?—who performed one of the best. Their dorm resident director, or whatever they called them, was away for the weekend, and someone had keys to his suite. They disassembled a VW bug, took it into his room, and reassembled it there for him to find upon his return.
—Nick

I’m only an egg (but hard-boiled)