It's the time of the year

HansV
Administrator

It's the time of the year

Post by HansV »

Seasonal.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Argus
GoldLounger

Re: It's the time of the year

Post by Argus »

Compliments of the season to you and all Loungers!
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Are supermarket aisles in The Netherlands one-way? I see the arrow markers on the floor. I've never experienced that in the US, but I saw recently that some stores went to that better to enable social distancing. Seems a great idea but it would increase walking distances in some cases. Good for the hale and hearty but a problem for us geezers with back backs and arthritis.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The supermarket is Tesco and the prices are in £, so it must be in the UK. And I assume that the one-way aisles are to make social distancing easier.
Best wishes,
Hans

silverback
5StarLounger

Post by silverback »

HansV wrote:The supermarket is Tesco and the prices are in £, so it must be in the UK. And I assume that the one-way aisles are to make social distancing easier.
Yes - lots of supermarkets here in the UK are putting one way arrows on the floor of the aisles. So, down one, up the next. But of course there are always the 'this is all rubbish' shoppers, who go against the arrows - and God help anyone who points out that there is a one way system.
Silverback

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

The solution is to drag your cart behind you so that it only looks like you are going in the opposite direction..( apparently, someone came up with this answer during the first hour of one way aisles.)
Same as Apple coming out with a face mask with a transparent area around the mouth, so that the facial recognition (ilook) can work again? :laugh:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

The store that I go to (QFC) here in the greater Olympia area, they have gone to the one way aisles.

BUT, there are those that the "Rules: do not apply to them and use the center of the aisle as their driving lane.

I agree with the "Back up" method, as it works most of the time.

The problem I have is with the masks, I can not read their lips in aiding in hearing what they are saying.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living